About Small Steps South:
Small Steps South offers a complete range of services designed to meet most child care needs. Hours of operation are 6:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday, year round.
- We are licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare and accredited by the Pennsylvania Department of Education as a Private Academic School.
- We accept tuition assistance through Child Care Consultants.
- All employees are carefully selected and screened for their demonstrated ability in childcare and participate in ongoing service training. Most importantly, our staff really enjoy working with children.
- Diapers and wipes are included.
- We offer breakfast (for a small fee) from 7:00-7:15 am. There are morning and afternoon snacks and nutritional lunches served every day.
- All employees are thoroughly evaluated and screened prior to employment as well as completing three background checks.
Small Steps South is owned and operated by Nancy and Nelson Levens. The school celebrated its 30th anniversary in October 2014. Nancy and Nelson have resided in the York Community for over 34 years. Nancy has a Bachelor’s Degree in Individual and Family Studies with an emphasis in Early Childhood. She has over 35 years of early childhood experience working as a camp counselor, preschool teacher, kindergarten teacher and Director. Nelson has a Bachelor of Science Degree and has completed accredited education classes to achieve his state certification in Early Childhood. He was actively involved for more than eight years with the youth in York County as a soccer coach for children ranging in age from 4-14 years. ” Our commitment stems from a growing awareness that Early Childhood Education is vitally important for a child to reach their full potential.”
Why Choose Small Steps?
Grow with Us.
We offer programs and options for children as young as 6 weeks up to 12 years old. So you don’t have to worry about finding a new facility every year.
Many of our staff members have been with us for years and are highly experienced and hold early childhood education degrees.
Peace of Mind
Child Safety and Security is always our top concern. We offer a gated playground, electronically locked main doors, security cameras, and more.
Parents Recommend us
Over the last 32 years we’ve had 1000’s of happy children and parents. Feel free to read our testimonials and reviews to see for yourself.